Friday, November 28, 2008

Lets go prune some stuff

Prune (verb) - Trim by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems, esp. To increase fruitfullness and growth. 

There are so many things in my life that are preventing my fruitfullness, and growth. I have kept grudges. I have held onto things in the past. I have continued to walk in the ways of the wicked. I have constantly turned my back on Jesus. I have said things that i should not even think about. There is so much stuff that i must cut away so i can grow, and bare fruit. 

Pride, Greed, Selfishness, Lust, Gossip, Judging, Lieing, Coveting. These are just a few examples of things in my life that i need to cut off. Think of how much these 8 things can hinder my relationship with God. Not only with God but with my friends, and family as well. If you think that cutting these things out of your life will only help your relationship with Jesus then you are comepletely wrong. If you are able to cut these things off then your relationships with all of those around you will flourish. That is the most amazing thing about being a christian. If we are able to focous all of what we are on Jesus our lives would be so much easier, and less hectic and stressful. The reason why our lives are filled with so much pain, and suffering is because there is so much that needs to purned. We wont let go of those dead parts of us. We want to hang onto them. In reality if we cut them off we will be more beautiful, and at rest than ever. 

So is there anything in your life that needs to be cut off? If so give it to the Lord. Cut it off and let something new and beautiful grow in you. 

No comments: