Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lets Recap

The semester is winding down and i am so glad that it is almost over. I have had so much fun hanging out with friends and building relationships this semester. But i have not had that much fun sitting in endless lectures about stuff i am sure to never remember for the rest of my life. So much has happened this semester. It is always fun to take a few seconds and look back and remember all those good times. 

When i first arrived here i moved into a new apartment complex. All my friends were so close by and i knew that it was the begining of some very fun times. Playing tons of ultimate frisbe. Talking about music. Just hanging out. It was all such good times. We started the year off right with a huge dance party. Who doesn't love a dance party. We beat the number 8 team in the nation in football and were nationaly ranked 14th in the country (that didn't last long). It was fun talking about the chance of going to a BCS bowl(even if it was just for a week) Football was huge at ECU and the campus could not stop talking about it. It was an awesome feeling. 

Young life was starting up and it was awesome to get back out to the highschool and to start building those realtionships with highschool kids once again. It is always a challange, and it will always be a challange. I have loved it. Planning clubs where i get up in front of kids and they laugh at me and i fee like an idiot. It is always a great time. I love seeing those kids smile, and leave club and hopefully learning something about Jesus. We took some kids to rock bridge for fall camp and it was a great time. God is working on the hearts of so many of those kids, and it is such a bliessing to be a part of it. 

Dating heather has been great. It has for sure challanged me in new ways, and made me grow stronger in my faith. It continues to remind me how imperfect i am, and how selfless i need to be to follow my Lord and savior. I never thought being in a realtionship could teach you so much about how to follow Jesus. It makes perfect sense though becase a realtionship between a man and a women should be as much like a relationship between Jesus and you as possible. You must sacrifice alot of yourself to help build up the other person. It has been a great experience. God has continued to bless Heather and I's realtionship. It has been hard at times with school, friends, and younglife. But We continue to put God first, and when there are difficult times he has always helped us through them. It is so awesome to have a realtionship that is focoused on bringing glory to God. I have loved every second of it. 

Sundays have been great. I have bounced around from church to church wich sometimes can be frustrating. but i have had many different experiences and i am positive that they have all helped me. God uses so many tools to help you grow, and i am sure he is using that in my life in some way.

There was great news this semester that Sam McSpaden is going to be coming back to join us next semester. I could not be more excited. Freshmen year was so great. I am going to love talking to him about politics, and all of the good stuff we used to talk about freshmen year. Sam has been a big part of my college experience, and i am glad to have him back in it. 

I have formed an amazing bond with 7 of my close guy friends. We have continued to meet every wednesday and discuss deep theological issues, and how God has impacted our lives. We have continued to grow with one another, and make comitments to pray and encourage one another. It has been a blessing and God has truly been at work in the lives of my friends and I. Building a community with those guys has been great and i am so lucky to have such great friends. 

Thanksgiving is coming up, and then its off to disney world for christmas break. I am sure that i will have more stories as my life continues on. Late nights, crazy dance parties, Jesus, young life, tennis, old friends, and a girlfriend have all contributed to an amazing college experience and i am excited to see where the next year and half takes me!!!


No comments: