Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Three Kings

So let me frist start out by saying that I had an amazing weekend. I got to go to Raleigh and see my Heather. Every moment i spend with her i feel like God keeps strengthening our relationship. Keeping God at the center of our relationship is a huge priority to both of us. I am so thankful for that. I know that if he remains the center and we both grow close to him while we grow closer together God will bless our relationship in ways we never imagined. I loved spending time with Heather this weekend and being a goober face. I got to meet her amazing friends, and dine at the great establishment known as good berrys. I got to go to church with her and her family and that was great. So thanks Heather for a great weekend. 


Today I was talking to my good friend blake oakley. I told him that i was looking for a good devotional and some good books to read until the end of the summer. I thought that he was just going to write some stuff down for me to look at. I came downstairs and he had three books for me. He said that i could boorrow them for as long as i needed too.


These are the three books that blake gave me to read. My utmost for my highest by oswald chambers is a daily devotional. Seeing and Savoring Christ by john piper is another devotional that you could do daily but is pretty in depth and is filled with refrences to verses in the Bible. A tale of three kings is a really easy read and is written as a play. It helps relate to brokeness and how we as christians have to go through pain and suffering. I am so excited to read all of these books. I began reading them all today and it was great. So i sugest that if you are looking for some good books to read you should check out these books. 

4 comments:

Sandra Anastasia said...

SO excited about this weekend!

Quinn said...

The 2 bottom books i have. they are great!!!!! read them asap!!!!!!!!!!

Barb said...

Goober Face...what a fun name! I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying reading (perhaps for the first time ever). I'm also happy that you and Heather are so happy.

Baird said...

I have my utmost. its so great.