Monday, July 14, 2008

"You Shine girl, oh you know you shine!"

Well all i have to say is that i have had a great weekend. Thusday night Heather Leigh Carnahan came to my house for the weekend. I have been looking forword to her visit for quite sometime. She arrived at my house and brought my grandma a milkshake. She met good old wayne, and barb. I have to say that my parentes loved her. It was awesome. After the introduction we sat down and ate dinner with the family and all that jazz. We then went upstairs later on in the night and watched sound of music with barb, and wayne. We sung along to all the songs and acted like goobers. It was awesome. We then went on a little walk and then went to sleepy land because we had a big day in store for tomorrow. 

We woke up and we went out to cracker barrel for breakfast. It was awesome. I love that place (not as much as cookout). After that we then went over to my dads work and took a tour around. He showed heather all of his killamanjaro pictures. My dad is a goon. After the great time at Hendrick we then went back to the house and got ready for our white water adventure. We arrived at the white water center and took a walk around the whole place. It was a great time. It was then raft time. Our guides name was Craig, and he was a starwars nerd. It was pretty funny. He was flirting with heather a little bit so i almost punched him in the face. HAHA JK JK...... But seriously. Anyway it was an awesome time. After our adventure it was off to our next event. 

We drove down to charlotte and went to southpark mall. I took heather to the Cheese Cake factory for dinner. She has never been there, and loves cheesecake so i wanted to take her there. We had a great dinner, and great converstaion. We then walked around the mall for a little bit and looked at alot of stuff that we couldnt afford. After the mall i asked heather if she had ever seen downtown charlotte. She said that she had not. So i decided to take her down there and walk around dontown charlotte. I have never been there at night. It was really pretty. We walkd around and had awseome conversation. 

After walking around Charlotte we then went back to concord. Heather and I then went on a walk. There is this pretty cool place in my neighborhood so i took her up there. There is like this gazebo deal and this pond. I wrote her a letter and i read it to her telling her how i felt about her, and about us. After all that i asked her to be my girlfriend. And then she said yes. It was a great time. 

The next day it was lake day. We drove over to mooresville and went to hollys house. We got to chill with all of my good old highschool friends. I loved it. I mean the lake is awesome, and being with heather just made it even more awesome. We all went to chilis for dinner. It was a good time. Who doesnt love chilis. I mean they have awesome blossems. THERE EXTRA AWESOME!! After that we then played some cheezy mind games. It was funny seeing people not able to figure them out. After that we came back to the house and watched The old disney movie Hercules. Loved it. We stayed up and chated for a good while. 

the next day we woke up and went out to lunch. After lunch time we had a devotional together. I just have to say that im so glad that heather and I make it a priority that everytime we are together we get in Jesus time with each other. It has helped out in so many ways. We then shared with each other, and spent some time praying for each other. After our Jesus time we went to see a movie with mom and dad, and then went to dinner. 

After dinner it was time for heather to leave. It sucked. I didnt want her to go. It was super sad to see her leave. But our time together was so great. I am so greatful that heather is in my life. I know that it was planned out by God. He has brought me someone who challanges me in so many ways. She has helped me grow closer to God and i am so greatful for that. 

Heather Carnahan, "you shine girl, oh you know you shine!" : )

No comments: