Monday, July 28, 2008

God??? A wuss??? SHOOT!!! YOU CRAZY!!!!

Hey there friends. I just want to say that this has been a great weekend, and good times. Friends have came and visited and it was so good to see everyone. I enjoyed every second of it. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with awesome people in my life. It is great to have people surounding you that can you build you up, and make you a stronger person. 

So anyway. I am sure that you are wondering about the title of my blog tonight. Well I was doing my devotional and it was talking about God being a lamb, and a lion. And it just made me start to think about how many times that we see God in a light that he is so loving and careing. And he is certainly all of those wonderful things, and it is awesome that he is that. BUT!! At the same time he is a lion. And we forget that as well. 

I was reading in the book of revelation. I mean you usually dont read in that book but the devotional that i am doing directed me in that direction. AND IT WAS AWESOME!!! It had all these verses showing me that God is indeed a lion. Let me just quote a verse for you.

Revelation 14:9-11

   A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and recieves his mark on the forehead, or on the hand , he too, will drink of the wine of Gods fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tourmented with burning sulfer in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their tourment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who recieves the mark of his name."

WOW!!! I mean it doesnt sound like God is playing any games. I mean He pretty much is showing us that he hates sin, and hates the devil and look what happens if you follow him. Not only will you sufer but God himself will stand be side the edge of the lake of fire and you watch you in tourment. I mean pretty epic. God is indeed Epic. I like how it doesnt describe him as a lion when he is standing and watching. It describes him as a Lamb. I mean Imagine what he must be like when he is a Lion. 

All i know is that im glad my God is EPIC!!! Im so glad that my God doesnt play games. So next time someone says that your God is weak. Or says that he never shows anger. You might want to take them to this passage and let them see how freaking Epic your God really is. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been learning about God's strength as well. So many times we see Christ on the cross and weak and battered. In the human sense I guess he was... but what courage and strength and power it must have took for him to willingly suffer on the cross when he could have called 12 legions of angels to defend him.

I am learning that what I think is strength and courage is not what Jesus showed me that it was. We simply have to submit and suffer. Ok so that isn't that simple... but it is possible with Christ.

Thanks for keeping the blog rolling Mike. I read it every day.
peace
dt