Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Everlasting Beauty

I wanted to write today because i feel the urge to share something that is always on my heart. Its something that takes my breath away daily. It has impacted my life in so many ways and will continue to do so for all eternity. I am talking about the Everlasting Beauty that is Jesus Christ. 

I have grown so much this summer in my reltionship with Christ. I look back and realize that this summer has been so different and blessed in so many different ways. I realize that this has been the best summer of my life. I have grown closer to friends, i have gotten to go to alaska and see beauty that some people only dream to see, i have become closer to family,  i have an amazing girl in my life. But above all i am closer to my Lord and Savior. I have grown my leaps and bounds this summer. Every year i feel like i have grown. But this summer i feel like i grew up and that my love for my Father in heaven is greater than ever. I have delt with plaguing sins and i now realize that my Father has cast them away. They will never return to me again. 

I am a weak coward. I dont deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jesus Christ. I dont deserve to wash his feet. At the site of temptation, or hardships i run away and hide. But with my father guiding me, and me standing by his side i am transformed. I stand tall. I am brave and courageous. He makes me a man. He makes me what i am meant to be. If i live for him i feel amazing. I feel like darkness will never touch me. The strength that runs through my veins is so powerful. God is truly amazing. He has brought me out of dark places and has welcomed my back with open arms. I have betrayed him many times and he has cried because of it, but he will never forsake me. 

I am so underserving. It brings me to my knees sometimes and i feel so dirty, and disgusting. But God does not look at me in that light. He lifts me up. I need him, i want him, i lean on him. He is my rock and my salvation. He hass carried me to the table and put me where i dont belong. He is truly amazing. 

This is the everlasting beauty that i am talking about. It is what i am so passionate about. It takes my breath away, and brings me to my knees. He is so beautiful. He has stolen my heart. He holds my hand and comforts me. I see him every day. His grace is so amazing. My God is so beautiful and powerful and wonderful. I love my God, i will love him forever. 

"I lift my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed he who watches over Israeli will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.----Psalm 121


No comments: