Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mature in faith.

Well my dear friends, my good friend Blake Oakley called me tonight and it got me talking a whole bunch of deep stuff, and i thought i would share about all of the awesomeness in our conversation. Hopefully you will find this post interesting. So here we go!!!

So we started talking about being a man, and how being a christian calls you to be a man unlike any other way. You are called to make decisions about purity, truthfulness, your family, and many other things. You are supposed to be strong, and be solid. You are called to live a life of integrity, and respect. If these things dont exemplify being a man i dont know what does. We were talking about where i was when i came to ECU, and how much growing i have done. I have made the transition from being one of those Christians who just went to church and filled out the pamphlet like a good little boy, to being a bonified man. I have realized that what ever you do you do it for christ, and you give it 100% of your heart and soul. I have discovered that if you persue God on your own that your relationship with him will grow indefinitely.

I have not come to these discoveries by my self. I have has many friends along the way help me grow. Friends like bryan, matt, aaron, whit, sam, greg, and bart. People that i will never forget as long as i live. But there is one person that has helped more so much and i am so greatful for her.

Heather Leigh Carnahan. She has challenged me in so many ways, and has taught me how to love Jesus in so many new ways. our relationship has taught me about sacrifice, and how to love on a different level. She has prayed for me so much, and has wanted to see me grow in my relationship. I love her so much, and always will for how much she has helped me grow with my lord and savior.

All in all i am so in love with Jesus its unbelievable. I love him so much, and he has turned me into a great man, and i am eternally grateful. He calls us to greatness, and i have not achieved that yet, but i am taking steps tword that calling every day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

:-)love you too!

Quinn said...

This is awesome, Mikey!