Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Seal Upon Our Hearts!!

So many times we get lost in our days. We get caught up in living. We forget how blessed we are, and how many gifts we have been given. We are so used to thinking about what we want, instead of being grateful for what we have. The newest trends, clothes, shoes.....These are all examples of what we can get caught up in as humans. So many times i find my self saying those three words that mean so much....."I WANT THAT." Why?? Do i need it? Is that item going to bring me eternal happiness? Of couse not. Its not just with material possessions. We get caught up in the desire of the flesh. Is taking that next step with my girlfriend going to quench the fire of lust? Is clicking on that website going to satisfy my earthly desires?No, it never does, and after we commit these sins, and give into our desires do we ever feel fullfilled? I never do...I actually feel more empty because i have taken one more step away from God. I have put one more thing between him and me. It all brings me back to those three little words....... I WANT THAT. Why do we want what we cant, and dont have? Its because its our human nature. As crappy as that sounds that is the way it is. But as a christian we should never long for what we dont have because we already have so much....One gift that i want to focus on that God has given us is the gift of love.....

So many men, and women are obsessed with this four letter word. They chase it endlessly and go down dangerous paths to feel loved. Paths of darkness, and destruction. But the right path leads to glorious fullfillment, and light. If we love the way God loves, and seek the love that God has given to us we can be fullfilled on so many levels. I am guilty of not seeking that love lately. I have tried to find my own love instead of following the Love of my father. He has given us a love so powerful. It scares saten, and can vanquish him in an instant. With the love of Christ dwelling in us we are invinceble. We are one with God, and when you are one with God there is no greater love than that. So i encourge you to place him like a seal upon your heart, and seal his love inside of you forever. Dwell on his love, and lean on his love. The more you lean on God, and trust him the stronger you become.

Place me like a seal upon your heart, like a seal upon your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jellously as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame. Many waters can not quence love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned. - Song of solomon 8:6 & 7

1 comment:

Heather said...

i love you! you are so passionate about our Lord and savior and I love that about you. I always enjoy reading your posts!