Thursday, May 29, 2008

Great times, and great friends.

Well after i blogged last night i called heather (yeah i finally said her name instead of referring to her as "someone special") and we talked on the phone for a good while. not going to lie it was pretty awesome. That is probably the highlight of my day when i get to talk to her. She is freaking hilarious and we both just sit on the phone and laugh. Love that girl.

Then after that i got on the internet and phil, and bryan were online. So we decided to open up a chat room and we all talked and it was a great time. I love both of those guys so much. There pretty much like brothers to me and i felt like our little trio was reunited. We talked about things going on in our lives, and various other man things. It was great catching up. Even though we all live close we haven't gotten to hang out yet since we have been back. 

Today i woke up around 12 and it was great. There is nothing better than a good nights sleep and then sleeping in late the next day. I walked down stairs and made some food. My dad was home for lunch so we both sat down at the table and ate together and talked. After that i watched some TV and chilled for a little bit. Then i put on my running shoes and went for a run. Yes it is true I, Michael Stemler, went on a run.  It was great. 

I came back in and took a shower and watched some TV for a while. Evan Almighty was on HBO so i watched it. Im a big Steve Carrel fan. So i think that is a great movie. My mom came back home from doing errands all day. She told me my dad is having a big lunch-in tomorrow so i had the awesome task of moving boxes and cleaning up the house. Whatever if it makes Barb and Wayne happy then i guess its all good. 

We ate dinner together and i went up stairs to watch some basketball. I was sitting on my bed and i got an awesome phone call from Sam McSpaden.  I love that kid. It was always a good time hearing him talk about politics last year. I had no clue what he was talking about but he loved it so i didn't mind listening. He would always try to mess with me and get me mad. And this one night i got so mad i just started yelling and cussing at him. It was pretty funny. But anyway it was great to here from him. 

A side note---- After watching Evan almighty today it reminded me that we need to stand out as Christians, and that we need to not try to get into what is comfortable. In the movie Evan was comfortable with his job, and he wasn't standing out as a christian.  So God had him build this ark, and took him completely out of his comfort zone, and made him stand out. So it just reminded me to try to stand out as a christian, and to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone with religion, and with God.  


1 comment:

Heather said...

haha yay i'm in your blog! :)