Friday, June 6, 2008

The best day and a half of my summer vacation!!!

Well I'm not going to lie. Im pretty excited about writing this blog!!!!

So yesterday i woke up in Statesville at Bryan's house. I took a shower and got dressed and went to get in my car. I drove over to the Russell Stovers store to pick up some goodies for Heather's mommy. I grabbed some food at micky d's and then began my journey over to Heather's house. The drive seemed long for some reason. It was only 2 hours and 15 minutes but i think it seemed longer because i was so excited to get to Heather's house.  I get into Raleigh and called Heather to get directions to her house. 

I arrived in front of Heather's house and there she was too great me. She came down to my car and i gave her a big hug. Not going to lie it felt good to finally give her a hug and hold her for once. (sorry for anyone who thinks thats cheezy or anything but it is what it is) After that it was time to meet Mrs Carnahan.  I walked in with my chocolate gifts in hand and introduced myself. I gave her the presents and she gave me a big hug. After that we chatted for a little bit and laughed alot. it was a good time. 

After that Heather and I went to the park. We got on the swing set and swung for a little bit. Then we both realized that it was 1312231 degrees out so we decided it was time to go to the mall.  We rolled over to the mall and i saw a best buy. Of course i had to go inside. I picked up the across the universe sound track. One word ---PHAT!!!! After that we proceeded over to the mall. We walked around for a little and then decided to get chick fil a. It was yummy, always is. Then we walked around some more and i spotted a build a bear. I asked Heather if she ever done one. She said no so i said well we need to go make one. We went in there and after some arguing over which bear to build Heather picked one. So we started to build. Heather did the build a bear dance and kissed the heart and sealed it with a kiss. It was pretty freaking funny. The guy who helped us was really cheesy. but it was funny. Then it was time to name it. Heather asked me if patches was cool. And i said that is a freaking awesome name. So Patches became our new friend.  After the mall we rolled back to the Carnahan estate. 

When we got back we decided it was time to do our devotional together. It was awesome. Its so cool to be able to talk about God and share about him with Heather. Its one of my favorite things that about heather and I.  After the devotional and time with Jesus we went downstairs and waited for Mr. Carnahan to come home. I have never been so nervous in my life. He walked in and i introduced my self. I gave him so nascar goodies. And i think i won him over with that. So after the initial meet i feel like things went good. So that was awesome, and i was glad i got that behind me. 

After chatting to the pops for a lil we needed to get ready for dinner.  I took a shower got dressed and walked downstairs and chilled at the table for a little bit.  Then Heather came down stairs. She was rocking some sick skinny jeans, and gold flats, and a nice top to go with it. Bottom line...... She was looking gorgeous. We rolled out to olive garden and got a table.  We sat down and goofed off.  We both ordered and ate our delicious food. After dinner we went back to the house and ate some cheese cake and chilled with the parents by a fire. It was a good time. We went up stairs after the fire and watched TV. We decided it was time to watch billy madison so heather found the old school VHS tape and we popped it in. Only to discover that it was taped over. We both were pretty upset about it. So we said well we need to go rent it. We went over to blockbuster and on the way we sang to hey jude and i must say we sounded just like the beatles. We got the movie and went back and watched it. IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Love that movie, it never disappoints. 

After the movie heather and i went on a walk. Towards the end of our walk we decided to bust out like we were in a musical so we started jumping on stuff and doing random dance moves in the street. Yeah we were so good we could be a Broadway. After the walk we got on our computers in heather's drive way and stole internet from the neighbors. So that was a good time. Then after that heather and i just chilled in the drive way and talked for a good while. It was a great time. I just love talking to that girl so much. It was about 2 am and we decided it was time for bed. 

I woke up this morning at the bright and early time of 9:30. Heather came and woke me up so it wasn't as bad as just waking up on my own. We went downstairs and enjoyed some pancakes. After that we chilled a bumed out for a little bit. Then it was POOL TIME!!! i love the pool.  So we went to the pool and swam around and acted like mermaids and such. yeah we are goons. We got a little hungry so then it was time for a cook out run. I think this is like the 5th day in  a row i have had cook out. After we ate and chatted for a good while we went back to the pool. it was around 3 and i had to leave. It was a sad time.  I packed my things up and said thank you for the hospitality. Heather walked me to my car and i gave her a big hug goodbye. It was sad parting ways after an amazing day together.  I drove back home and chilled with some friends on the lake. But my time with Heather was the highlight of my summer so far. 

Side Note-- Let God into your life. It is so hard to drop your guard and let God control things, and give things to Jesus. It took me the longest time to do it. But i finally did and i have not been happier since.  I am so much closer to Jesus than i have ever been, i love life, and i have a great girl in my life now.  Im so grateful for everything. I know that if i had not giving everything to Jesus i would not be where i am right now. So just give everything you have to God.  He will bless your life in ways you never imagined. He has done it for me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you. I haven't heard you sound happier than you do right now (and that's saying a lot, cause you're a pretty happy guy). You make me laugh out loud. Sorry we missed you after graduation, but I made Holly promise that we could all get together on the lake soon. I look forward to it. By the way, you're lookin great!
Sarah (or Mrs. Thomas, whatever)