Sunday, June 8, 2008

Time to pack

Today i woke up at around 11. My father came up and got me up. He is super excited because we are leaving to go to Alaska tomorrow. Probably one of his favorite places in the world. 

After waking up and taking a shower i started to gather the cloths i want to take with me on my trip and took them downstairs to wash, and iron.  I enjoy ironing my cloths. I feel like I'm so responsible or something. Like I'm really doing stuff on my own. I dont know sounds kinda stupid. But thats how it makes me feel so i just wanted to say that. I got everything packed in my suite case and then I sat down and took a little break from packing. 

After a while i felt the sudden urge to play some drums.  I went upstairs and played for a while. It was a great time. Then i decided to go get my Ipod and play to some of the old worship songs we used to play in chapel. I played how great is our God, give us clean hands, show me your glory, oh praise him, my glorious, he reigns, and holy is the Lord. It took me straight back to high school praise band. It was awesome. Those songs will always have a special place in my heart because i loved playing with phil, john, and jason. It was great times. Even though no one really sang any of the songs it was still a great time. 

After playing my drums for a little bit i decided to go on a run. I ran around 2 miles. It was great. I came back and took a shower and chilled and watched an episode of Flight of the Conchords. It was so funny. If you enjoy dry humor i highly recommend this TV show. its and HBO series so you would probably have to rent it from blockbuster, but its worth it. 

Now I'm just chillin and watching the NBA finals.  Im about to call heather in a little bit, and i cant wait to do that. I love talking to that girl. Its just awesome. 

Side Note-- Set Goals!!!! I went on a run today and it was too the club house and back. Its around 2 miles. At the beginning of the summer i wanted to be able to run to my clubhouse and back by the end of the summer. I never ran much so i began to run everyday. It is not even july yet and i have already accomplished my goal. If you set goals and set out to achieve them you will be surprised how quickly you can can accomplish them. so i challenge you to set goals in your personal life, in your work outs, and in your spiritual life. Its a great way to get things accomplished, and can be very rewarding!!

No comments: