Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sunglasses don't shoot lasers


OH MY GOSH!!!! What a blog i have instore for you guys. Today was one of the best days summer thus far. So i can not wait to share with all of you who read this. 

I woke up today around 10. I was super tired had a late night the night before. It was all good though because i knew i was going to go to the lake today!!! Phil rolled over to Bryans house and we all hoped in our cars and started our journey over to Holly's house. On the ride down i listened to some epic hardcore music (the devil wears prada, and august burns red). Nothing like some breakdowns and screams to get your day started. We arrived at Holly's house and hoped out of the car and went into the house. 

When we passed through the threshold of the door we were greeted by some amazing people. Daniel, Sarah, Sydney, and Samual Thomas had come to enjoy the day with us. It was so great to see these awesome people. Daniel, and Sarah used to teach us back in highschool and there two kids are just little bundle of joys. After talking for a little bit i noticed that there was a bowl of chips. Half of the plate was lays, and the other half were fritos. Of course i had to grabe some fritos. I mean lays are nothing compared the greatness of the corn chip taste you get with a frito. I knew it was going to be a good day. 

We then enjoyed burgers and hot dogs for lunch. It was a real cook out for once. Not just the fast food resteraunt. We then went outside and threw a little disk around. Samual asked me what the well pump box was. I decided to tell them that ghosts were kept in it. (samual is only 4 1/2 year old). I dont know why i did that but someone did it to me when i was young so i decided to return the favor. Then it was finally boat time. And how i love boat time. We set out to sea on our epic journey. Ok well i mean it wasnt really epic, and it wasnt really a journey but it made it sound awesome. There is only one way to descirbe the weather while we were out on the lake today..... BEAUTIFUL!! We drove around for a little bit and enjoyed the day that God blessed us with. 
 
I went up to see what was going down on the top of the boat. Samual was up there and we proceded to have a disscussion about our sunglasses. I was rocking some Ray Ban Aviotors and Samual had the gull to tell me that my glasses were not as cool as his. He said that his were blue and had silver streaks. And i said mine had a cool vynard vines crokie on it. He said that his were way cooler and that mine will never be as cool as his. So i told him that my sunglasses shoot lasers. So i told him to beat that. Well he simply told me.... "Sunglasses don't shoot lasers!!" (said in a 4 year olds voice with confidence). So i said well mine do. It was one of the best conversations i had in quite a while and it took me straight back to the time when you would battle on the play ground about whos dad was cooler. So thanks Samual for all the memories you brought back to me. 

We then parked the boat and we proceded to jump off the roof. I love jumping off high stuff into water. You feel like superman. We than swam around and chilled out for a good bit in the water. Our water journey came to a close so we proceded back to the dock. We went inside and enjoyed some delcious cheese cake. I was loving it. Then it was time for the Big Finish of the day...... SLIP AND SLIDE!!!!!

Phil brought his slip and slide and i have to say i was quite excited about this event. Phil and I set up the slip and slide. We then began to run water over it and our excitement kept building. I poored some bubbles over my self and had to be the first to go down the slip and slide. I went down and got up and my face looked as if i was a kid on Christmas. Phil, Bryan, Daniel, and Samual all proceded to go down it several times. All of us were having a blast. I think it was the first time samual got to experience a slip and slide. So that opened up a whole new door for him. This one time i decied to see how fast i could go down and how far i could slide off the end. Well i did a pretty good job. I went pretty far in the grass i got cut up pretty bad. In the process it pulled my pants down and every one got to see my butt. But hey it was fun, and everyone thought it was awesome. We then had a compititon to see who could slide up the slip and slide the farthest. Daniel beat us. I guess he had more experienced since he was older than all of us. 
                                               
Our time on the slip and slide came to an end and we went inside and chilled out. We were pretty tired from our awesome day. I had a blast and so many awesome things happened today. So thank you God for the great day. SUMMER 08!!!!!!!

Side note--- After the slip and slide Bryan and I were walking and Bryan stated to talk to me about Samual. He said that kid is having so much fun. He got to ride on top of the boat, and go down a slip and slide for the first time. He was simply on cloud nine. You would have thought that kid was at disney world. It made me think back to when i was a kid and if i was climbing a tree or playing with a water hose iw as happy. So dont forget those times in your life. Because they bring so much joy when you reminisce on them. 

2 comments:

Quinn said...

wow. awesome day indeed!! i want to play on a slip and slide! jealous!!

Baird said...

I bet you felt like a falcon jumping off the top of that boat. :)
Fun times for sure. Way to make me miss the lake even more than I already do. :(