Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Morning Of

SOOOOOOO...... Yesterday i woke up at my good old house in Concord NC. After helping around the house for a little bit i packed up my things, and bryan and i began our journey to the great city of Raleigh NC. I was in a rather good mood because i was going to get to see an amazing band play that night known as the morning of (www.myspace.com/themorningofrock), and i was also going to get to spend some awesome time with Heather Carnahan. 

Bryan and I began our journey with some awesome renditions of old praise hymns in the car. After that we decided to call some people and leave funny messages. Every time bryan and i ride in the car together it is always good conversation and super fun adventures. We continued our journey but when we got to raleigh we had to experience the worst thing ever..... TRAFFIC.  I absolutely hate traffic. We had a GPS with us so i just put in to go on a alternate rout and we completely bypassed all the traffic. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! 

So we arrived at our destination. We roll up and Heather came out to greet us. She was looking beautiful as always. I gave her a big hug and well that was awesome : ).  (emoticons rock).  We chilled for a while and then the great Aaron brooks rolled up. GA it was good to see that kid. We embraced and such. We then sat down and ate an amazing dinner prepared by Mr. Mike. We had a great conversation and laughed alot. 

We then rolled over to the concert. We went a little early and we had to listen to some sucky bands play. But hey it is what it is. We all danced around like goons. It was pretty fun. These girls were totally checking out bryan and aaron it was rather funny. After hearing 6 other bands the Morning Of took the stage. And i am pleased to say that was worth the wait. They were really good. The girl in the band had great vocals and great stage presence. They were just so thankful for us being there and watching them. So that was a great time. 

After the concert we of course hit up the cook out. I mean it was late you got to go to cook out. We then went back to heather's house. Heather and I went on a walk and had some good convo. Bryan went to bed. When Heather and I came back i woke up bryan because he told me too for some reason but i think i just scared him. We found out later that he didn't even know what was going on and was in a daze. 

Today we woke up and began our drive to the great city of Greenville. We arrived and reunited with the great Whit Whitwell. I have to say that is was so good to see him. I mean he is awesome. I love just talking to him because he gets so excited about stuff, and is so passionate about things. It reminds me that life is great and to be thankful for what you have. Because Whit is so happy all the time and so full of joy. So that just brightened up my day. 

We got our keys to Copper Beech and we came in to see our new home. IT IS BALLER!!!! We reunited with jess, amanda, and ashley. It was good to see them. They our new neighbors so it was fun to joke around with them. Later in the day i went on a run around ECU. It was a great time. I saw college hill, and i said to my self. IM GOING TO OWN THIS HILL. So i did. hahaha. I am now back at my apartment and chillin. Im probably going to go chill with jess, amanda, and ashley and then probably go read wild at heart. Heather bought it for me. So i am excited to start that. 

Side Note- Be happy. God is so good. Dont spend time being sad. There is so much to be thankful for and so much that makes us happy. So dont dwell on things that make you sad. Dwell on what makes you happy, and what you have been blessed with. 

1 comment:

Baird said...

Dear Michael. I am reading your blog. Aren't you proud? You should read mine too. I started it a long time ago (like March) but it deleted my posts. So I think I will start it back up again. K thanks. If you want to know about my life in high school and want to laugh a lot, then you can look at my old one. You can ask me for the good old URL if you want. And I like how you said girls were checking out Aaron and Bryan. He didn't tell me that detail of the concert.. but hey, who can blame the girls really?