Sunday, June 15, 2008

My great Alaskan adventure!!!

Well it is nearing the end of my cruise, and i have some extra internet left, and some free time so i thought i would blog my trip. So here we go!!!!

We flew into Alaska on monday june 9th. It was a nice change of scenery. You looked out of the airport and you saw snow covered mountains. We took a hour long drive to get to our cruise ship. We got on the ship around 10 at night, and we were pretty tired from traveling all day. So we ate dinner and went to sleep. 

The next day was just a day at sea. So i pretty much just spent the day chillin. I worked out a little and read the Bible some. It was good times. The next day we were in college fiord. It is just bay with glaciers and all this awesome scenery. At night we chilled and ate dinner. After dinner we went to see a show with our friend Laurie in it. She is one of the main singers on the ship so it was cool to see her perform. After that i went to sleepy land. 

On wednesday we were in glacier bay. It is pretty much like it sounds. Its a bay with glaciers in it. It was super beautiful. Then after seeing the wonderful scenery we went to eat dinner once again, and saw another show. 

On thursday we were in Skagway Alaska.  It is a town with a population of 800 people. So it was nice and small. I went into town and walked around for a while by  myself. It was pretty nice. I then went a little hike and found this waterfall that someone told me about. I sat down by it and had some amazing time with Jesus. It reminded me to not take the earth for granted. God has blessed us with so much and sometimes we just over look it. 

We then went to the capital of Alaska the next day, Juno.  I love it there. It reminds me of a mini san francisco. I walked around town with my sister and my mom. We went into this art gallery and i bought a piece for my room. I love art and this is my first piece so i was pretty excited about it. It was some old school alaska native art. Should look cool in my room. I got to talk to heather on the phone that day so it made me happy. I Love talking to that girl. She just always makes me smile and laugh. 

We then went to ketchikan the next day. My father, sister and i went on this awesome zip line course. It was so phat. The longest zip was 700 something feet. We got up to 35 mph. Pretty BALLIN!!! I then walked through town once again. It was good times. 

today is the last day on the ship. It sucks leaving such a beautiful place. But I'm ready to get back and see all of my friends. Im heading to Greenville on the 21st. so I'm pretty hyped. But on the 20th im going to go check out a little concert in raleigh, and see some one special!! But the cruise was awesome and i had a great time. 

Side Note-- dont take stuff for granted. God has blessed us with so much. We tend to over look things sometimes. If we just take time to slow down and look around we will see Gods beauty in everything. He is such an amazing God and his creation show how amazing he is. So sometimes just slow down and look around and see what a great place we live in. 

No comments: